Gore 309 Self Service UD Capture
» Schedule a session in Gore 309
As an extension of the UD Capture recording service, IT Academic Technology Services offers a self-service recording studio in 309 Gore Hall. The room is equipped with a recording station, microphone, and a video connection (VGA cable) for your laptop computer. Using a special self-service interface, faculty can start and stop recordings on their own and create recordings of any duration. The recording files are processed and posted to a course directory on UD's video server.
Faculty can reserve time in the room using a Google Calendar. Although room reservations are made in one-hour blocks, you will be able to control the actual start/stop times for each recording and to make multiple recordings in one session.
A Google account is not required to schedule time. You can login with your udel.edu address, although you may have to login twice.
Faculty will need a key to access Gore 309. The good news is you probably already have the key--it's the "media cabinet" key used to unlock the podiums and equipment cabinets in most classrooms. The key number is OMS 1X1-1.
Faculty who do not have a key can sign out one by visiting University Media Services at 007 East Hall during regular business hours..
Quick Start Instructions
Want to get started quickly?
- Plug in your laptop or document camera. Verify image on right monitor.
- Click Start Recording button on left computer monitor. Give your presentation.
- When done, click Stop Recording. Name your recording with course ID and section.
Gore 309 is a completely self-service facility that is unstaffed. You'll need to bring with you the equipment you'll need to deliver your presentation such as a laptop. If you use a laptop, remember to bring with you any adapters that you might need to plug into a VGA cable (just like in the classroom). A document camera is provided.
- If using a laptop, plug it into the VGA cable provided on the desk. The small monitor to your right acts as your "projector" display-- that is, this would be the display that your students will see and what will be recorded. If you don't see your desktop, you may need to enable your external display on your laptop, or switch the input from the document camera to your laptop. To toggle the input source press the "PC/CAM" button on the document camera.
- Queue your presentation materials like you would normally just before class.
- The monitor on the left is the UD Capture computer. If the display is not on, you can wake it by moving the mouse. You should see a large button that says Start Recording.
- When you are ready, click this button with the UD Capture mouse. The button will change to Stop Recording when it has begun. You will also see a counter that shows you how long you've been recording.
- When you are done, click the Stop Recording button.
- The system will now process your video. After a short time, you will be asked to name your recording. It's very important that you tell us the course ID and section number for the recording. Otherwise, we won't know which class it belongs to.
- You're done! If you have more recordings, go back to step 2.
If you encounter problems, you can call IT-ATS at 302.831.0640 during normal business hours.