Campus cable TV

For repairs to TV cable connections, call (302) 831-6000, or submit a Help Ticket Request to report problems.

Is your TV not receiving any channels?

As of July 2013, UD has a new cable provider. There are many new channels added to the lineup. Some existing channels have also moved to different locations. In order to receive all of the available channels, you will need to "reprogram" or "scan" your TV for new channels when you set it up in your room. Consult the user manual for your TV model for the specific instructions for an auto channel scan function. In general, you can try the following:

  1. Access your TV's menu.
  2. Select setup.
  3. Look for the option to automatically scan for all channels. Be sure the tuner is set to scan for CABLE TV or CABLE input (not antenna).
  4. Run the scan. It may take a few minutes as the TV looks for all available signals.

Cable channels

The University has its own cable TV system. The cable system extends to all classrooms, lounges, dining areas, and all residence halls. The cable system is a hybrid digital and analog system. (See the section below labeled "What kind of TV do I need?")

Find a list of all channels here.

Cable TV in residence halls

Every UD residence hall room is wired for cable TV, so you can take advantage of the cable system in your room or apartment. The cable system also improves FM radio reception for stations from Philadelphia to Baltimore.

What happened to Comcast Sports Network?

Over the summer of 2011, the University changed its cable TV provider. While this service provider increased the diversity of channels available to the UD community, a few channels provided by our previous provider are currently unavailable (e.g., Comcast Sports Network [CSN]). Negotiations between Comcast/NBC/Universal and other television providers are on-going and it may be possible to add some of these channels, including CSN, to the channel lineup in the future.

What kind of TV do I need?

All cable-ready televisions will be able to tune the majority of the campus cable channels. All televisions made after 2006 that are digital-cable ready will be able to tune digital channels as well.

You will also need a coaxial cable to connect your television to the connector on the wall in your room.

  • To receive HD channels, televisions need a "clear QAM" or cable digital tuner. Or, you can use a TiVo HD or other HD DVR unit that includes a "clear QAM" digital tuner.
  • A television with only an ATSC tuner will not receive any cable channels, but can be used to receive over-the-air channels.

For repairs to TV cable connections, call (302) 831-6000 or submit a Help Ticket Request to report problems.

This page was last modified on September 10, 2013, 13:34.