Respondus LockDown Browser & Monitor
The University has decided to not renew our contract with Respondus. Our current license expires on July 31, 2022. If you need support remediating your existing quizzes and exams, information is available at Removing Respondus from your Canvas Course and you may contact us.
Respondus LockDown Browser is a program students can download and install on their computers to use when taking an online quiz, test, or exam in Canvas where the instructor has required it. LockDown Browser prevents students from opening new browser windows or tabs, accessing other programs, or navigating away from the test. Respondus LockDown Browser also includes the Respondus Monitor option that records the student’s webcam during an assessment.
More info for faculty
- Suggestions for alternative assessments are available in Alternative Summative Assessment. Additional options are listed in Removing Respondus from your Canvas Course.
- If you are experiencing issues disabling Respondus, use the following resources:
- Contact the UDIT Support Center via text, phone, or email
- Email the ATS Canvas team at email@example.com
- Consult with ATS staff at the Virtual Welcome Bar