UD Capture Self Service Studios
IT Academic Technology Services offers self-service recording studios in Gore 309
and 208 ISE Lab. The rooms are equipped with a recording station, microphone, and a video connection (HDMI cable) for your laptop computer. Using a special self-service interface, faculty can start and stop recordings on their own and create recordings of any duration. The recording files are processed and posted to a course directory on UD’s video server.
Reserving Blocks of Time
Faculty can reserve time in the room using a Google Calendar. Although room reservations are made in one-hour blocks, you will be able to control the actual start/stop times for each recording and to make multiple recordings in one session.
Note: The Gore 309 UD Capture Self Service Studio was closed from Sept 1, 2020 through the Winter 2021 semester. Gore Hall has reopened as of Spring 2021.
» Schedule a session in Harker ISE 208
» Schedule a session in Gore 309.
These calendars will create a calendar invite/entry to your GoogleApps @ UD account. Do not delete or decline the invitation. If you do, your reservation will be canceled and made available to someone else.
You must use your Google Apps @ UD account. If you are having trouble, right-click (or control-click) on the links above and choose “Open in New Private Window” or “Open in New Incognito Window.”
Faculty will need a key to access Gore 309 and Harker ISE Lab 208. The good news is you probably already have the key–it’s the “media cabinet” key used to unlock the podiums and equipment cabinets in most classrooms. The key number is OMS 1×1-1.
Guidelines for Access to On-Campus Recording Locations
Before coming to campus, you must review and adhere to the Return to Campus guidelines, which includes a home health screening prior to coming to campus.
Quick Start Instructions
Want to get started quickly?
- Plug in your laptop or select the document camera. Verify image on right monitor.
- Click Start Recording button on left computer monitor and deliver your presentation.
- When done, click Stop Recording. Click the Preview button to review the recording if you wish. Then click the Dropbox button to send the video to yourself. You’ll receive a link in email from UD Dropbox.
- Download the recording from your email and upload it to My Media in Canvas. Publish the video to the Media Gallery or embed on a page.
Gore 309 and Harker ISE Lab 208 are completely self-service facilities and are not staffed. You’ll need to bring with you the equipment you’ll need to deliver your presentation such as a laptop. If you use a laptop, tablet PC, iPad, etc., remember to bring with you any adapters that you might need to plug into a HDMI cable (just like in the classroom). A document camera is provided.
It’s a good idea to perform a test recording first to confirm everything is functioning properly by reviewing the test recording.
- If using a laptop, plug it into the HMDI cable provided on the desk. The small monitor to your right acts as your “projector” display– that is, this would be the display that your students will see and what will be recorded. If you don’t see your desktop, you may need to enable your external display on your laptop, or using the switch on the desk, change the input from the document camera to your laptop. Queue your presentation materials like you would normally just before class.
- If you plan to use the provided document camera, make sure it’s powered on (slide switch) and it is selected using the switch on the desk. You should see the document camera image on the small monitor to your right. You can use both a laptop and document camera and switch back and forth using the switch on the desk.
- The monitor on the left is the UD Capture control computer. If the display is not on, you can wake it by clicking the mouse. You should see a large button that says Start Recording and a small video window that updates every 10 seconds with a preview of your live recording.
- When you are ready, click the Start Recording button with the UD Capture mouse. The button will change to Stop Recording when recording has begun. You will also see a counter that shows you how long you’ve been recording for.
- When you are done, click the Stop Recording button.
- The system will now process your video. After a short time, you will be able to preview the video if you wish. Click the Dropbox to button and enter your UDel email address (it must be a UDel email address). A link to download your recording will arrive in your email in about an hour.
- Download the recording from your email and upload it to your My Media in Canvas. Publish the video to the Media Gallery or embed on a page.
- You’re done! If you have more recordings, go back to step 2.