As part of NSO (New Student Orientation), you can create your new UD Zoom account. Follow the steps below.
Create your new UD Zoom account
- From a desktop or laptop computer, go to the Zoom web portal (www.udel.edu/zoom).
- Click the Sign In button.
- At the UD Central Authentication Service (CAS) page, enter your UDelNet ID (the first part of your UD email address before the ‘@’ sign) and your UD password.
- If prompted, enter your 2FA (2 Factor Authentication) code.
Congratulations! Your new UD Zoom account is now activated and ready to use. You should see your Zoom profile page in your web browser. You may always use this method to sign into your account if you are comfortable with the web interface.
Important information for the summer
- During the summer, your UD Zoom account was allocated as a Basic account.
- On August 16, 2021, your account was upgraded automatically to a Zoom Pro account.
- You should see the word “Licensed” in your Zoom profile.
- If your account still says “Basic,” please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to join your orientation Zoom meetings (and most of your classes) you MUST sign into your Zoom account BEFORE joining the meeting. This will authenticate you as a University user.
- Please see the Getting Started Guide in the NSO Canvas module for more information on how to Sign-in and use the Zoom program. You can also find the Guide by clicking the Help button on the portal page (www.udel.edu/zoom).
Download the Zoom app
We recommend that you download and install the Zoom app on your computer and update the software every month. The free app for your mobile device can be found through the store on your device.