What is an Add-on?
An add-on is a program (usually developed by a third party) that integrates with another application to increase its features and functionality. The two programs then work together to enhance the Zoom experience for the user.
Zoom works with numerous applications for scheduling, collaboration, translation, captioning, messaging, surveys, automation and other useful enhancements. In order to integrate a third-party app with Zoom, you must first request approval from the University, then install and configure the add-on from the Marketplace.
Why do Add-ons require administrator approval?
All applications must meet University security, accessibility, and other compliance standards. University of Delaware Information Technology (UDIT) has implemented a Technology Request process to assist faculty, staff and students with pursuing technology solutions. UDIT’s evaluation process considers the value and risks associated with each request.
Where do I find Zoom Add-ons?
You can find Zoom add-ons in the Zoom App Marketplace. Other add-ons are available at third-party vendor websites.
You cannot install Zoom add-ons without University approval. The following message appears if you try to install an add-on from Zoom Marketplace without pre-approval:
How do I submit an Add-on request?
First, visit the Technology Request page to learn more about the evaluation process.
To request an add-on for an existing technology solution (Zoom, Canvas, Office 365, Google):
- Click the green Request Service button at the top of the page to open the request form.
- Answer the questions in the request form including Acct/Dept, Budget Contact, Solution/Vendor or Project Name, Solution/Project Description, and Requested Start and End dates.
- At Solution Type, select the radio button for Add-On / Plug-In / Extension.
- At Solution Funding, provide an estimate of the annual or one-time costs.
- Click the Request button to submit your request.
Note: These requests are reviewed on a monthly basis and are not always approved.
If your request is approved, you can return to the marketplace to install the add-on.
Technical support for Add-ons
Information Technologies does not provide technical support for Zoom add-ons. Review the third party provider’s web documentation for support.
UD-approved add-ons for Zoom
If you’re intrigued by the possibilities of Zoom add-ons, search the Zoom App Marketplace and, if you find an app that will enhance your Zoom experience, submit a Technology Request.
The following add-ons are currently approved for Zoom at UD:
- Zoom for Gmail – Students and faculty already have the G Suite add-on.
- Zoom for Outlook
- Zoom Timer App – Countdown animation to keep meetings on track.