We are currently seeking Graduate Assistants for the 2022-2023 school year.
Exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology in an academic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note: Part of the job requires interaction with faculty and other professional staff. Applicant must be personable, friendly, and outgoing.
- Desire to work with and learn new educational technology and software.
- Technically savvy.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize tasks based on deadlines.
- Good basic video and audio editing knowledge.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and triage multiple technical issues.
Experience that is relevant for this position:
- Customer service or help desk support.
- Light programming, such as HTML or web development platform.
- Basic UNIX skills, with experience preferred in PHP, SQL, Perl, and shell scripting.
- Editing video, such as Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, TechSmith Camtasia, or Apple iMovie
- General knowledge of current trends in technology.
- Computer hardware troubleshooting.
Will be doing these tasks:
- UD Capture maintenance
- Assisting faculty with Canvas learning management system
- Video editing
- Testing and troubleshooting new technology, software and hardware
- Basic website maintenance
- Assisting faculty with teaching projects
- ATS Commons welcome bar support
- Large-scale programming or video projects
NOTE: We accept applications from all majors. Hobbies and life experiences with technology are a plus. We are looking for technology enthusiasts!
NOTE: Tuition is handled separately at the discretion of your department or program.
Please email a cover letter to Jevonia Harris.
In your email, please mention if any or all of the following apply:
- You are familiar with different operating systems (Mac, Linux, etc.).
- You are interested in instructional design.
- You have extracurricular activities that uses technology in innovative ways.
- You have experience or interest in photography.
- You are familiar with 3D modeling or drafting.
- You have built a computer or other electronic systems in your spare time.
- Any or all computer languages you are familiar with.
- Demonstrations of applied technology a plus!