Respondus Tools for Assessment
The University has decided to not renew the contract for Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor. The license expired on July 31, 2022. If you need support remediating your existing quizzes and exams, information is available at Removing Respondus from your Canvas Course and you may contact us.
Repondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
For faculty transferring quizzes from a non-Canvas format, another Respondus product is available – Respondus 4.0. Respondus 4.0 is a desktop application that assists in the conversion of existing quizzes in specially formatted Word documents to a format suitable for a Canvas quiz.
Follow these steps to download and launch Respondus 4.0:
- Go to UDeploy to download Respondus 4.0, then click “Respondus Setup Instructions and Installation Password.”
Note: Respondus 4.0 is only available for Windows.
Read this document to familiarize yourself with the process for preparing a Word doc to be imported as a Canvas quiz.
In the Word file, put an asterisk to the left of the correct answer. See an example here.
- Launch Respondus 4.0 from your computer.
- Click Import Question Type, then select “Word File” as the Question type (.docx or .doc).
- Click Finish. Now you have the option to either go to Respondus Publishing Wizard to link directly to your course or to save the QTI File (quiz file).
Note: We recommend that you save the QTI file to your device.
- Import the QTI File.
- Settings > Import Content > Content type – Select QTI > Click Source to choose the QTI file from your computer.
- Download the latest patch update.
Learn more about importing quizzes from QTI packages.
Respondus Training Webinars
Respondus offers many training webinar opportunities. Visit the Respondus Webinar page to register.