Getting ready for your studio recording:
The IT-ATS studio in Pearson Hall is available upon request for faculty and staff.
On the day of your recording, please come into our main office, Pearson Hall 116, to check-in with our staff. We will bring you into the studio across the hall, in room 115, and will set up everything that you need!
Please note our office hours are 8:30am – 4:30pm. Please plan to end your recordings and leave the studio by or before 4:30pm as a courtesy to our staff!
|1. Do a test recording to make sure you’re happy with how it looks and sounds.
|2. Wait 5 seconds before and after recordings: When you start recording, stay still, look directly at the camera, and smile! Do the same before you end the recording as well! You can always trim the start/end of your recording later.
|3. Project your voice: It’s easy to speak softly when you are recording in a room by yourself. Speak loud and clear, as if you were speaking to someone at least 10 feet away from you. We promise it will make a world of difference!
|4. Bring a notepad: Whether you plan on doing one long recording, or a series of short recordings, bring a notepad to keep track of the number of videos you record, and any notes that may save you time later for editing your videos!
Green Screen Studio Recordings
What to know before your visit:
- Avoid wearing green (and any hues of green, such as teal) or reflective clothing/accessories.
- We’ll be clipping a small, wired microphone to the top of your shirt or on your jacket lapel. Please plan your attire and accessories with this in mind.
- Please note that solid, dark colors look best on camera, and also reduce potential issues with the green screen.
Images and scripts:
- Choose a background image from our collection when you arrive, or email us your own image to use as the background, at least one day before your recording.
- If you would like to use our teleprompter for your recording, please email your script to us at least one day prior to your recording date.
You may use your laptop to screen share during your recording. We will provide you with either a HDMI cable or USB-C adapter to plugin to you laptop.
Lightboard Studio Recordings
What to know before your visit:
- Your clothing and accessories should not be black, as your background for the lightboard will be black.
- Reflective materials and accessories may need to be removed, to prevent issues with the lightboard.
- We’ll be clipping a small, wired microphone to the top of your shirt or on your jacket lapel. Please plan your attire and accessories with this in mind!
- Please note that solid, darker colors look best on camera. While you should not wear black for your recording, grays and browns are still okay. It is best to avoid clothing with busy patterns and white/very light colored shirts/jackets.
- We will provide a variety of neon colors markers to use with the Lightboard, but you are welcome to bring your own neon markers if you would like to have more color options.
- We will provide microfiber cloths to wipe the lightboard, should you need to erase anything. If you need to erase the board, please use the cloths!
Email us at email@example.com to send us your files, make studio reservations, or make changes to your scheduled reservation time!