You can take attendance in a Zoom meeting by accessing the meeting report after the meeting has ended. Attendance reports are available approximately an hour after the meeting has ended. Follow the steps below to access a meeting report to take attendance.
- Set up your class meeting through the Canvas interface as explained here.
- Click the Zoom Meetings tab in your Canvas course.
- Click the Previous Meetings tab.
- Click the Report link for the desired meeting and select either the Meeting Report tab.
- Click the Export as CSV file to generate the report in a spreadsheet format.
- Sign in to your UD Zoom web portal and click sign in. Click Reports on the left and then Usage on the right.
- Ensure the date range at the top includes the meeting you want. A list of meetings in that range will appear below. Locate the meeting and click on the number in the Participants column. You may have to scroll the frame to the right if the Participants column is not visible. A new window will appear with the meeting participants list.
- The meeting participants report will show multiple instances of a participant if someone leaves and re-joins the meeting. If you want to show each participant only once, check Show unique users.
- To export this information as a CSV file, check Export with meeting data box. This includes important information including the date of the meeting. Then click Export. You can open this file with Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers, or import to your Google Drive and open with Google Sheets.
Good to know
- Attendance reports are available approximately an hour after the meeting has ended.
- Hosts in a HIPAA subaccount will not receive names or emails in reports.