Zoom meetings can require passcodes for an added layer of security. If you set a meeting passcode, you’ll also need to share this passcode, along with the meeting link (Join URL). Encourage your participants not to share the meeting passcode as Zoom will allow anyone with the passcode to join.
Note: Passwords refer to your sign in information. Passcodes are used for entry into meetings.
Enable Meeting Password for a Scheduled Meeting
- Click Sign in on the UD Zoom portal and enter your UD credentials if prompted.
- Click on the Meetings link on the left.
- To open the form for a new meeting, click Schedule a New Meeting.
- To open the form for an old meeting, hold your mouse over the name of the meeting and click Edit.
- If the meeting is recurring, choose to Edit All Meetings.
- Scroll down the page and check the box for Passcode.
A new text box will appear with a randomly generated password. You can accept this default or change it.
- Click Save.