How do I record a presentation from my computer?
- Open the program, Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder. To download and install the program for first time use, login to Canvas, choose My Media, click Add New, and then select Personal Capture.
- Select “Presentations & Lectures”
- Check the Recording Options:
- Camera: can be left on with your default webcam or it can be set to none
- Screen Capture: can be left off if slide annotations are not used
- Presentation: needs to be turned on
- With Presentation turned on, a Browse button will appear and then you can select your PowerPoint file.
At this point, you should see a preview of your PowerPoint file within the Presentation Capture window, although you don’t have any control of it yet.
- Click the Record button in the bottom right corner of Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder.
- Kaltura will open PowerPoint and the slide show.
- You’ll get a 5-second countdown and then the recording will begin while PowerPoint is running.
- Click the Done button to conclude the recording.
- An optional video editor will appear. Click Done again to exit the video editor.
- Change the title for your recording.
- Click the Upload button and then click Close.
Important note: There can be a delay (perhaps 15-30 minutes) between uploading a recording and having it appear in UD Capture Space to complete the following steps.