If you’ve previously created a student video assignment that uses the My Media tool to collect submissions, you can also use this tool to create a gallery in student submitted works for the class to see. These instructions assume you’ve already created a student video assignment that uses the My Media tool.
These steps will allow your students to publish their previously uploaded video submissions using My Media to the course Media Gallery. All students in the course will have access to view the media published there after you moderate it.
- Remind your students that the videos they’re submitting to the Media Gallery will be visible for all members of the Canvas course.
- If you don’t have the My Media or Media Gallery tools visible in the Canvas Course Navigation menu on the left, you’ll first need to enable them so they’re visible to students.
- Verify that the Media Gallery has moderation enabled (this is the default setting). Click on the Media Gallery tool in the Course Navigation menu on the left. Then on the right, click the Channel Actions icon (a stack of three books) and choose Edit. Ensure Moderate content is checked. Click save if you’ve made a change. Click Back to Media Gallery.
- Direct your students to follow the Student Instructions as listed below.
- As students publish their videos to the Media Gallery, a new tab will appear for you at the top titled Pending with a number next to it indicating the number of videos waiting moderation. Students will not see pending items appear in the course Media Gallery. Click the Pending tab to view these videos.
- To the right of each pending video, you can click Approve to add the video to the Media Gallery for the rest of the class to see. If you want to reject the video and make it not visible to the class, click Reject. If there are more items than will display on one page, click Load More.
- Direct your students to view the submissions by clicking the Media Gallery tool in the Course Navigation menu.
- Optional: You can encourage students to use the commenting feature in the Media Gallery to receive peer feedback which includes the ability to relate a comment to a specific time in the video.
You will be submitting your final video for this assignment to the course Media Gallery. All students in our course will be able to see your video. For best results, do not use the Canvas mobile app. To begin, follow these steps.
- Log in to UD Canvas and locate our course on your Canvas dashboard. Click on the Media Gallery tool in the Canvas Course Navigation menu on the left.
- Click Add Media on the right. Locate your previously uploaded video for this assignment and check the box to the top left of the video preview. Scroll back up to the top of the list and click the Publish button in the top right.
- Your video has been published to the Media Gallery and is awaiting moderation by your instructor. Once the video has been approved by the instructor, your video will be viewable to everyone in your course.
- To view the submissions from the class, visit the Media Gallery tool in the Canvas Course Navigation menu on the left.