You can share a video a number of different ways, both in Canvas and UD Capture Space.
Important! Make sure to review how FERPA can impact the course videos you share.
Instructors and Students: Share a video in Canvas
Canvas is UD’s single learning management system. My Media and Media Gallery are two tools provided in Canvas to create, upload, edit, and publish video content.
- Publish a video to the Media Gallery for students in my Canvas course.
Great for a few videos, quick and easy.
- Embed a video in a Page in a Module in my Canvas course.
Great for lots of videos, provides context and order for your videos.
Instructors and Staff: Share a video in UD Capture Space
UD Capture Space is a video management and sharing platform for the UD community. All faculty and staff have access to create, upload, edit, and publish video content. Learn more about UD Capture Space before proceeding to sharing content.
- Create a channel in UD Capture Space and publish videos to it.
Great for lots of videos, provides a way to group videos for external audiences.
- Share a video with an unlisted link in UD Capture Space.
Great for one or two videos, quick and easy.
Share Zoom Meeting Recordings
You should not share the temporary recording links from Zoom (i.e. links that begin with https://udel.zoom.us/rec/share ).
- Recording to the Zoom cloud: Your Zoom recordings are automatically added to your My Media. Sharing Zoom Meeting Recordings follows the same procedures outlined above for Canvas or UD Capture Space.
- Recording to your local computer: Begin by uploading your local Zoom recording to your My Media in Canvas or UD Capture Space and then follow the same procedures outlined above for Canvas or UD Capture Space.